IDC Q4 2016 Update
Rob Brothers, IDC’s Vice President Datacenter and Support & Deploy Services, Q4 2016 update:
First, Rob is now covering Datacenter (and datacenter services) as well as Support and Deployment.
Most of the time this past quarter was spent updating the latest trends in the MAPs (below).
Hot trends IDC is following:
- On premise as-a-service options and its impact on IT asset packaging and go-to-market strategies. IDC just finished it PCaaS study and some great findings abound.
- FASB lease law changes (yes, this impacts IT buying behavior)
- Cloud Support – Elaina Stergiades has been doing some excellent research in this space as the Saas models continue to grow
- Edge computing – what do these support models look like (IoT and OT)
- Continued research on Proactive and Predictive support
Some interesting reading:
Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Datacenter Infrastructure Services, 2016
Sep 2016 | Doc #US41823216
Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Software and Hardware Support and Deployment Services, 2016
Sep 2016 | Doc #US40325615
IoT/Mobile/Cloud/Analytics: Ride Along with the Tour de France and Gain Insights into the Technology Behind the Scenes
Sep 2016 | Doc #US41711016